About Samantha Mariko
My name is Samantha Mariko, a freelance blogger, DJ, PR and event producer from Orange County, California, currently based in Tokyo, Japan. After living in Cali for most of my life, I made the bold decision to move to Tokyo 7 years ago with the intention of starting a modeling career and have been here since. Since 2018, I’ve been working in PR and event production. I’ve also done translating/interpreting work for various clients including NYX Cosmetics, Jergens and Lauren Roth, and have previously narrated for NHK World’s Kawaii International for 2 years. I am one of the co-founders for La Fondue Tokyo, Vivaci Tokyo & EX-OH Tokyo. and currently a contributor and Cosmo Icon for Cosmopolitan Japan,
カリフォルニア州、オレンジカウンティー出身のフリーランスブロガー、DJ、PRとイベントプロデューサーです。モデルキャリアをスタートするために、７年前にカリフォルニアから日本へ移住しました。2018年からPRやイベントプロダクションのお仕事もさせていただいてます。また、通訳や翻訳のお仕事もさせていただいてたり（NYX Cosmetics, Jergens, Lauren Rothなど）、以前２年間NHK World Kawaii Internationalのナレーションもやらせていただきました。「La Fondue Tokyo」、「Vivaci Tokyo」と「EX-OH Tokyo」のイベントたちの主催を務めさせていただいていて、現在コスモポリタンジャパンのライターもやらせていただいています。
5 fun facts about me to get to know me better:
- I was not always a “fashionista,” and I didn’t always care about how I presented myself. ずっとお洒落してたわけではなく、再従姉妹に初めて眉毛を整えてもらった以来、お洒落人生が大きく変わりました。This all changed when my mom’s cousin, whom I look up to as my older sister, told me to lie my he
- ad down on her lap as she plucked my then-bushy eyebrows to perfection. I was 13 years old at the time. From that day forward, I started wearing makeup, put in more thought and consideration in how I dressed, and of course, continued to maintain my eyebrows. She literally changed my life.
- I’m half-Japanese, half-Caucasian. 日本人とアメリカ人のハーフです。Even though my dad used to say, “You are not half anything, you’re a whole person,” I still consider myself as being half-Japanese & half-Caucasian since my mom is Japanese and my dad is an American of Anglo-Saxon descent. It’s just easier that way.
- I have a Bachelor’s degree in piano performance from UCLA. カリフォルニア大学ロサンゼルス校でピアノ科を専攻し、文学士号を取得してます。Yes, I used to play my Beethoven Sonatas and Chopin Etudes, but Scriabin was my favorite.
- I love reading. 読書が大好きです。More than I love watching movies. If I could afford it, I would stay at home and read all day. But if I had to choose a favorite movie, I would choose Pride and Prejudice (2004) hands down. I’ve watched it too many times to count.
- Moving to Japan was probably one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. 日本に来る決断は一生後悔しません。Moving to a completely different country alone and immersing myself in a different culture than the one I grew up in has helped me grow significantly as a person and see the world in a much broader perspective.
About the blog
I started this blog in late 2011 while I was attending UCLA as merely a hobby. Since then grown into a precious space where I can share my creativity and topics that interest me.
Mission Statement 【ミッション】
To offer practical, yet inspirational styling, beauty, travel and growth advice to young individuals in an effort to promote self-expression, empowerment and overall well-being.
Vision Statement 【ヴィジョン】
To be the premiere source for the unique “LA-meets-Tokyo” style to young audiences around the world, in addition to providing best-in-class editorials on Tokyo life and the latest in various trends.
This policy is valued from January 1st, 2018.
Samantha Mariko Blog offers practical yet inspirational styling, beauty, travel and growth advice to young individuals in an effort to promote self-expression, empowerment and overall well-being. Please read my disclosures below. If you have any questions please contact me through the contact form. Thank you for supporting Samantha Mariko blog.
All content on SamanthaMariko.com is created by me. This includes words, photographs, and graphics, unless otherwise stated. Credit will always be clearly stated in the blog post or page. Please do not copy content or images without permission.
I do receive complimentary gift vouchers and samples of products and services in exchange for my honest review and/or mention in a blog post. These will always be mentioned as so within or at the end of the blog post. All opinions regarding the samples are 100% my own and are not influenced by the brand or company.
This blog accepts forms of compensation in exchange for paid blog posts or reviews, and occasionally sponsored giveaways. All sponsored posts will be clearly marked in the blog post. I strive to partner with brands that go with my blog’s mission & vision, and I will only recommend products and services that I know my readers will enjoy as well.
Samantha Mariko Blog is a member of the Shopstyle Collective and Seentient Affiliate Programs. I get a small commission for clicks or purchases made through the links in my blog posts or the “similar products” carousel displayed at the bottom of some of my posts at no additional charge to you. I will only display products I’ve personally tried, reviewed and recommended on this blog.
*Please note that not every link is an affiliate link. I only link to products and services I have either tried and/or fully believe will be of valuable use to my readers.
This website includes sponsored ad space (available upon request), and also uses Google Adsense advertisements and its owner does not control the nature of the content.
If you would like more information or have any questions regarding my disclosures, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.